Personal Assistant (School) | Full Time | Slough | 23K
Our client is a school based in slough and they are looking for an experienced PA to assist the Headteacher with the daily duties of running a school. Your role would ensure that the Principal is fully supported in all aspects of their work including confidential matters and to advise on compliance with legislation and guidance e.g. DfE, Data Protection. Freedom of Information Act,
Daily Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues, suppliers, contractors and other professionals.
- Provide a confidential, effective and efficient general administrative service to the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Provide direct support in the handling and management of email and written correspondence.
- Maintain school record systems including collation and filing of reports, correspondence and other documents, photocopying and general office duties.
- Open, sort and distribute the Principals mail including electronic mail, advising on any urgent matters and downloading relevant documents.
- Support the Principal in providing information for the governing body and its committees as appropriate and when required.
- Take responsibility for maintaining the Principals’ diary including booking appointments, acting as the 'gatekeeper, receiving visitors and providing preparatory support.
- Arrange and attend meetings, produce agendas, provide refreshments, take notes and produce minutes with action points.
- Maintain a file of all school policies and advice the Principal when they are due for review and/or are to be updated.
- To co-ordinate in the collection, entry and extraction of data required to complete statutory returns and assist with transferring data safely when appropriate.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a PA role
- Experience of working in a school environment.
- Evidence of significant, successful administration management experience to support the day to day operation of an establishment/company.
- Experience of organising meetings and accurate minute taking.
- Competent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and databases.