Payroll Administrator - 3 month temporary contract - 36.25 hours per week (Home then Farnham based) - using iTRENT
Experience Payroll Administrator required.
To provide a high-quality HR Payroll service, within the Human Resources Department, ensuring that my client delivers a reliable, accurate, timely payroll service to employees and managers.
• Undertake administration in relation to the full payroll function to high standards of accuracy and timeliness, including:
o Pensions including Pension auto-enrolment (and re-enrolment)
o Jury Service
o Maternity & Paternity (SMP, SPP, SAP, KIT Days)
o Attachment of Earnings
o Child Care Vouchers
o Cycle to Work
o Season Ticket Loans
o Underpayments and overpayments process
o Payroll Adjustments
o Tax code and Student Loan Amendments
o Completion of pension forms
o Assisting with Payroll End of Year
o Payroll Monthly filing
o Payroll Reports
o Assisting with Payroll Audits and Controls
• Ensure the correct payments and deductions are made
• Making adjustments to the standing data as necessary.
• Ensure records of new starters and relevant paperwork is processed on iTrent.
• Assist in completion of year end returns for Local Government Pension Scheme & Teachers’ Pension Scheme as required.
• Process administration for new employees, investigate tax, NI & pension status and to approach the relevant bodies (HMRC, Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension Scheme) as necessary.
• To identify new members of staff from the sessional contracts or other means and obtain relevant personal and tax details to enable new records to be established.
• Following receipt of notification ensure correct final payment and issue form P45
Responsible for supporting the process of implementing changes in salary in liaison with appropriate stakeholders including HR Admin (Recruitment), HR Advisers, HR Systems & Data Officer including (but not limited to):
• To ensure the correct payments and deductions are made by processing adjustments to the standing data as necessary. This would include incremental rises, annual pay awards and manual calculations e.g. overtime and casual timesheets.
Other Payroll Administration;
HR information requests
• Respond to queries from line managers and employees with basic information on contract, and payroll matters e.g., pay rates, sick pay.
• Produce reports from HR / Payroll System as required.
Data and Processes
• Ensure relevant process actions including correspondence to employees is undertaken as appropriate.
• Update information into the relevant systems ensuring the data is up to date and consistent.
• Ensure that all payroll documentation and employee data is handled confidentiality at all times.
• Comply with the requirements of the GDPR, HMRC, pension schemes and all relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure that enquiries are dealt with effectively and efficiently. This includes responding to answer-phone and email enquiries in a quick and efficient manner.
Additional duties may also include; timesheets, document management, mail shots, projects