Job title: Payroll Officer - 12 month FTC
Hours of work: 35 hours per week - flexible working patterns
Salary: Up to £24k per annum
REED Accountancy are working exclusively with a business based near Birmingham City Centre with a view to recruit an experienced payroll officer on a 12 month fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
* Please note, this is an urgent requirement so little/no notice period is essential. *
- End to end payroll processing experience including P45s, Statutory payments, tax codes, pensions etc.
- Be the first point of contact should there be any queries
- Investigating payroll discrepancies
- Liaising with HMRC
- Provide manual payroll calculations if needed
- Pension Administration
- Auditing payroll records to ensure HMRC compliance
- RTI Submissions
- Payroll month end
- Administer and update payroll journals
- Any other duties as required
- Have end to end payroll processing experience
- Experience in using Opera payroll system is advantageous
- Experience of working in a payroll bureau is beneficial
- Good MS Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Up to date payroll legislation knowledge
- Part-qualified in CIPP or payroll qualification is useful but not essential
- Have little/no notice period is essential.
Please apply now if you meet the criteria above!