REED Accountancy are working with a public sector organisation in Hull, who are looking for a Payroll Officer to join their team on an interim basis until the end of July 2021.
The role will be based in HU5 and there is onsite parking available.
You will be a key member of the payroll team and you will assist with general payroll duties including; processing payroll, new starters/leavers, answering payroll queries.
Main responsibilities include:
- Participate in the running of the payroll for staff and effectively meet strict deadlines and manage payroll changes.
- Delivers a flexible, customer focussed and professional response in providing advice and guidance on payroll and pension enquiries and takes ownership of achieving a satisfactory resolution and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensures the accurate recording of all data onto Pay related systems. Works to strict deadlines and ensures that working practices are complied with.
- Liaises with related business areas to ensure delivery of lean, efficient and effective end to end business processes, understanding the business needs and the impact that any changes have to the system and processes.
- When required provides resilience for pension related queries and in the preparation of returns.
- Possesses a developed understanding of the reports required.
- Ensure the knowledge base is accurate and up to date with new legislation and local policies.