Reed are delighted to be recruiting for a leading public sector employer who are taking on a Payroll Officer in Ballymena.
This would be an ideal next step for anyone who is looking to move quickly from application to the offer stage. The payroll position will function as a Key Worker in the organisation.
The role sits within a busy office, processing UK payrolls and pension administration.
The employer has taken the necessary steps to comply with COVID-19 safety regulations to ensure the health and wellbeing of all site-based staff members.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a closely-knit, good-humoured team. Early applications are highly recommended for this exciting new opportunity.
The role is full time and will be started on what is initially a temporary contract.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The organisation are able to offer a competitive hourly rate; and
- As a PAYE Contractor you will be employed by REED which will offer you EXCELLENT corporate discounts, healthcare, and insurance benefits! Some of the most popular benefits you will enjoy include £200 cash back on dental/optical bills – £10,000 critical illness cover – Reed Discount Club – Cinema tickets for £6.60 – 8% off asos.com – 4% off Uber Eats – and much, much more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Day-to-day duties include assisting the Payroll Manager on all matters relating to payroll and pensions;
- Process pay, pensions, tax, NI contributions etc.;
- Calculation of all appropriate enhancements and deductions and year end returns;
- Pay all allowances and expenses;
- Identify discrepancies of payroll information/documentation;
- Maintain and update payroll databases;
- Produce costing reports and provide information to third parties;
- Gross cost reconciliations and remittances to outside bodies with accompanying reports;
- Liaise with Human Resources in relation to all employee payroll and pension matters; and
- Yearend calculation of notional pensionable pays in respect of pension returns.
Suitable applicants will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a payroll position within a computerised environment.
IT proficiency in the basic functions of MS Excel; strong communication skills to liaise with employees, HMRC, pension providers, and other third parties to manage queries; the ability to work independently; and the ability to identify discrepancies in payroll will be an essential aspect of the duties.
Applicants must also be available for a 37 hour working week (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm).
TO LEARN MORE
You can get in touch with Reed’s Specialist Payroll Consultant, Tom Reid, in the Belfast office via email or arrange a call for a confidential discussion.
028 9033 0604