Are you an experienced Payroll professional used to working in a stand-alone position with complete ownership of the payroll function?
My client, a global business with a site in Milton Keynes, is looking for a permanent Payroll Specialist to join the team.
Working with one other senior payroll specialist and reporting into HR, the role requires someone who can act as a resource on payroll related law and social security.
Your duties will include:
• Complete payroll production, including all pre and post production processes
• Ensure all payroll/HRIM system updates, tax updates and enhancements are fully tested.
• Produce training documents, policies, procedures and technical processes for the department.
• Provide support in the year-end and quarter-end process such as: annual statements, reconcile insurance accruals, calculate and create payroll related accruals (like ST bonus, vacation allowance, vacation days, and pension cost)
• Ensure compliance with continuously changing company policies and local laws & regulations.
• Advise employees, management and HR on payroll related topics.
• Point of contact for internal and external audits that investigate payroll related information.
• Produce payroll related statistics both to management and external bodies such as Office for National Statistics UK, Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings etc.
• Record and process attendance, holidays and absence gift awards for Milton Keynes employees
• Provide support and assistance as needed on employee benefits insurance and pension administration matters.
Working closely with Finance - other duties will also include:
• Account reconciliations, analyses, create and maintain payroll related accruals.
• Perform regular checks on all wage types and CATS entries
• Process Intercompany recharges of employees and associated costs
• Payment processing to external 3rd parties (court orders/union dues/etc)
• UK G/L bank postings of payments/receipts
• Payment processing from Company expenses system and associated accounting tasks
• Accrual journals and analysis of bonus provision/payments
• Support UK (Finance team) with statistics for business plan/cost analysis, budget (wage roll, social security) and Insurance
• Statutory reporting to Auditors (Directors emoluments, Pension data and headcount)
To be considered for the position you must have a demonstrated track record in running and managing the full payroll cycle(3 to 5 years experienced). CIPP qualified would be advantageous but not essential.
Experience working with SAP HR/Payroll essential.
You must be up to date with all legislation and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of relevant payroll, employment and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines.
Strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail is a must with a professional disposition to work and the workplace.
If this sounds like you please apply below now!