As Pension Accountant you will be working for a national financial services company as part of a large team. You will be responsible for your own client portfolio and report directly to the head of department.
- Be responsible for facilitating audits by pension scheme auditors
- Preparing financial reports
- Transactional finance
- Responsible for drafting pension scheme financial statements and annual reports in accordance with agreed legislation and current best practice, in liaison with clients and their professional advisers.
- Comply with accounting quality and audit standards.
- Be an authoriser of payments in accordance with bank mandates.
- Reclaim tax as appropriate on investment income.
- Share skills and experiences with team members; build relationships with clients.
- Ad-hoc accounting activities as required by your Team Leader and the Head of Pension Accounts.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Part-qualified or qualified by experience.
Excellent accounts production skills, written and communication skills.
Ability to provide reports on very strict time scale.
Good numeric and interpretation skills.
Ability to translate rules, regulations and current legislation into appropriate service delivery.
Ability to develop working relationships.
Sound knowledge of accounting, reconciliation, payment transaction and reporting procedures.
Capable of applying compliant policies, procedures and processes in accounting situations.
We provide study support to individuals working towards obtaining professional Accountancy qualifications.