A vital position has become available for an experienced Pensions Specialist to join Trafford Council to support the Greater Manchester Shared Service centre. This role is available immediately on an initial 9-month Fixed Term contract.
What is the role?
Trafford Council are now looking to appoint an experienced Pensions Specialist to provide accurate and professional advice to all internal customers and stakeholders.
The Greater Manchester Shared Service is a partnership between Trafford Council and Greater Manchester Police established in 2017. Based at Trafford Town Hall the service’s aim is to provide first class, professional HR, Payroll and Pensions functions to around 20,000 employees and customers across both organisations.
What are the responsibilities and skills required?
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with customer groups, colleagues, and business areas, ensuring service expectations are met.
- Carry out day to day operational management of pension function whilst contributing to strategic ad project planning for the service.
- Assist in developing relevant procedures and documentation relating to service delivery.
- Possess ability to intelligently resolve problems and queries by applying correct procedures and utilising specialist knowledge.
- Showcase knowledge of upcoming changes to the pension market and pension reforms, specifically relating to McLeod / McCloud reviews.
What are the benefits?
- You will be welcomed into a friendly environment where your personal and professional development will be encouraged.
- You will have the opportunity to work and grow in a people-centred and values-based organisation that promotes a positive permission culture. Your opinions matter so you will have the opportunity to shape how we do things here at Trafford.
- Trafford recognises the importance of staff wellbeing and offer several initiatives for staff including mindfulness, mental health first aiders, running & walking groups and health and wellbeing events.
- Additional great benefits include an attractive Pension, Home Technology, Car Lease, Cycle to Work and Employee Discount Schemes.
To learn more about Trafford as a place to live and work, please visit:
Get me signed up!
To register your interest please, and received a full job description, please apply below!