Are you an experienced accounts individual looking for an opportunity in an Accountancy Practice?
Reed Accountancy Oxfordshire are pleased to be working with an Oxford based accountancy Practice to help source an experienced accounts individual to join their growing practice. The role offers a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), flexible working, career progression and study support. The successful applicant will preferably have strong accounting experience and have worked in either a service industry or for a professional firm.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for extensive client liaison, ensuring deadlines met and client billing completed
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly client management accounts packs for Partner review
- Production and review of client P&Ls with subsequent variance analysis commentaries
- Full reconciliation of client balance sheet control accounts
- Preparation and posting of all month-end journals including accruals, prepayments, depreciation, payroll and adjustments/corrections
- Completion of monthly and quarterly client VAT returns
- Completion and submission of client EC Sales Lists and Intrastat returns
- Maintenance of client ledgers with all associated reconciliations
- Full client bank reconciliations and treasury management
This is the perfect opportunity for someone with a strong general accounting knowledge and experience. Part-qualified in your ACCA or CIMA studies, you will be keen to finalise in the next couple of years and develop your career further within a Practice environment. You will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a busy working environment. Sage knowledge and experience is important as is good Excel skills.
If you think that you would be the ideal fit for this role, please do not hesitate to apply now.