Reed engineering are supporting a local Essex based manufacturer who are looking to strengthen their production department.
This role will report into the manufacturing manager and duties to include
• To lead and effectively manage and motivate section team leaders and factory staff.
• Monitoring and driving performance using company metrics and KPI’s, to ensure that target output efficiencies are being achieved and improved.
• Deputise and be the main point of contact when the Production Manager is off site and being able to make appropriate decisions whilst following the Company reporting structure.
• Take a proactive approach to compliance regarding company rules, procedures, quality, Health & Safety and environment.
• Ensure the correct deployment of staff and training
• Manage shop floor waste and challenge where appropriate.
• To objectively assess own teams’ performance and develop improvement plans, continuously improving our processes, liaising with the Production manager and the team leaders.
• Liaise with the engineering department and the Production Manager regarding machinery problems to ensure timely resolutions.
• Performance management of team leaders with the support of the Production Manager and HR.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment, reporting any safety issues or near misses to the safety officer.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate they have the following key skills and traits.
• Experience and success in production management.
• Confident communicator when speaking to and challenging the teams
• A responsible, professional and positive attitude
• Methodical and organised.
• Possess good leadership and managerial skills.
• Confident in the use of computer equipment.
• Experience in continuous improvement and can demonstrate success.
• A team player.
• Career driven.