Project Accountant required for a year-long project supporting Brexit plans and a systems upgrade.
The successful candidate will be responsible for one entity of the business based in Ireland and all finances related to importing goods direct from Europe. You will also play a pivotal role in supporting an ERP systems upgrade.
My client, a successful FMCG business based in Milton Keynes, requires someone to start ASAP. The role will be split between home-working and in office on-site.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the position will focus on 2 projects; Systems Upgrade and Brexit Accountant.
You will ensure that all legal obligations are met, including compliance and regulation with EU Customs. Your duties will include:
• Accurate and timely completion of necessary documentation and online forms for the efficient, cost effective and lawful execution of all import/export activities accurately logging with HMRC
• Maintaining knowledge of and advising on all relevant import/export law and procedures, tariffs and duties, licenses and restrictions
• To be main point of contact for queries and requests for information
• Check correct import duty and VAT has been calculated and paid correctly
• Advising on VAT/ duty responsibilities in European countries and ensuring compliance in those areas
• Management Accounting - Month End Reporting
• Intercompany reconciliations
• Submission of Intrastat
• Brexit planning
You will take the lead on an ERP Systems upgrade of Microsoft Dynamic AX.
Your focus will be to develop and maintain the Finance and ERP software systems and associated processes to meet organisational requirements. You will also work collaboratively with internal departments, training users within the wider business and supporting the implementation of future arrangements for systems administration. Your duties will include:
• To provide support to the Finance and Systems team through projects and process enhancements
• Act as the liaison between the Finance team and Systems team
• Provide analysis to assess the key areas for improvement in financial business processes and the ERP system
• Provide workshops to relevant employees across the business to ensure new processes are fully understood and managed
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Part Qualified or Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
• Experienced Management Accountant used to Month End reporting
• Experienced working with Import and Export
• Understanding/genuine interest in Brexit rules and business implications
• Experienced working with EU Customs
• Tax/ VAT/ HMRC Compliance experience
• Systems Implementation experience
• Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics AX