This an exciting time to be joining this business with spending in excess of £30m per annum over the next five years on a wide range of capital projects, having just completed the first stage of their £270m regeneration investment.
My client are seeking an ambitious, commercially minded and analytical Project Accountant with a proven technical background. You will be responsible for managing the fixed asset and project accounting function within the Board and its subsidiaries. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of finance associated with the life of the assets, from the initial long term planning and budgeting cycle to reviewing potential projects at inception, as a key member of the Project Review Group.
Reporting into the Financial Controller the main duties consist of:
• To monitor, analyse and report on the project costs incurred by the business and its subsidiaries.
• To develop an understanding of all major projects by working with the Project Manager, Asset and Commercial Teams providing the necessary input to ensure that all assets are captured and that any tax benefits are maximised where possible.
• To lead on the preparation and maintenance of the Long Term Asset Plan and the formation of the annual budget in conjunction with our Engineering and Commercial colleagues.
• To maintain the fixed asset register to ensure that assets are correctly recorded and lives are appropriate.
• To report in a timely manner on grant submissions ensuring compliance with the legislation and maximising cash flows, including liaising with funding bodies in the EU.
• To ensure all journals relating to fixed assets including asseting, disposals and depreciation are correctly processed.
• To prepare schedules where required for the annual external audit.
• To provide information within agreed timescales to all customers (both internal and external).
• Managing the workload of direct reports and completing performance appraisals.
You will need to be ACCA, CIMA OR ACA qualified with at least 3 years post qualified experience. As well as up to date knowledge of technical accounting issues and regulations, use of computerised accounting systems and desktop applications and Advanced Excel and Word. And excellent commercial sense, with the ability to analyse information from different sources, and make informed business decisions.