Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We are recruiting for Project Support Officers to join a team based in West Brompton, London.
The purpose of this role is to provide a high level of proactive portfolio administrative support (including dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries, providing secretariat support to change governance, maintaining registers and trackers, bespoke support needed as required to meet corporate requirements, etc.) to the team as required.
- Experience of supporting the delivery of relevant objectives and meet the needs of customers and managers. Undertakes a range of tasks, ensuring outcomes are delivered to a high quality standard within the required timeframe.
- Experience of taking effective minutes in a change environment, including succinct and accurate records of actions and decisions.
- Experience of working to support effective decision making.
- Experience of helping others by supplying them with appropriate information and support where relevant.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Highly organised with the ability to organise own workload and work to changing deadlines.
- Shows initiative, drive, intellect, personal resilience and motivation to deliver a quality service.
- Prior experience in a business support or administrative role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to quickly understand, collate and present complex information in a simple intelligible manner.
- Experience of working in a process driven environment and in accordance with governance.
Desirable Experience & Knowledge
- Knowledge of the principles of programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2 is desirable.
- Knowledge of the principles of the P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices) model is desirable.
- Experience of process mapping, and PPM lifecycle resource planning and scheduling.
- Experience of building confidence with senior stakeholders and relationships at all levels.
- Experience of working in a challenging, change-driven environment.
- Experience of working in a policing and/or security environment.
- Understanding of the CT Policing Network; including London (MPS), National (UK Force wide) and international responsibilities; relationships with Government, security and intelligence agencies; and governance arrangements.
- Minimum SC Clearance. Candidates must be prepared to go through the clearance process if not already cleared.
This is a temporary role for an initial 6 months, working full-time paying £300 -£350 per day Umbrella depending on the level of experience.
Please apply now or email Derrick.Codling@reedglobal.com and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.