PATIENT CO-ORDINATOR - 30 HOURS PER WEEK, including one Saturday per month
Your main objective as a Patient Co-Ordinator will be to ensure that patients have an excellent experience from their first contact right through to after their surgery. The role is primarily patient facing, working between the reception area and the clinic environment, so a passion for customer service is a must.
Flexibility is vital in this role as although your role will be based in Oxshott, you will work from each of our three locations – East Grinstead, Oxshott and London to cover annual leave and sickness.
Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate and prepare the outpatient clinics, acting as receptionist for the clinics, ensuring all patients details are recorded directly on the database with all information required entered onto the system.
- Meeting new patients when they arrive and accompanying them through their journey; taking them through pre-consultation questions, introducing them to their consultant and finally producing a quotation and taking deposits for surgical procedures.
- Invoicing patients in clinic and taking payments relating to their consultation.
- Close and cash up Outpatient clinic, collating the tracking information of consultation to Working in clinic alongside our consultants, being on hand to assist them with any tasks required.
- Supporting the back-office team, assisting with departmental admin tasks when required.
- Answering patient enquiries over the phone and by email / live chat and ensuring the patient is provided with all information required.
- To follow up all enquiries with telephone calls or promotional literature raising and generating awareness of the company.
- Follow up with previous patients, sending further information or answering questions
- Helping at Open Evenings and Optometrist training days and supporting the marketing team with tasks where required.
The successful candidate will have worked within a busy customer service role, where they have dealt with customers in a face to face environment. You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and will be confident using computer systems. This is not just a general reception role, you will be expected to assist members of the wider team with administrative tasks.
You will be be flexible and able to cover a variety of shifts between the hours of 8am-8pm, this role will also involve working one Saturday morning per month.
Due to the location of the surgeries you MUST be a driver with access to a vehicle.
Full uniform will be provided for this role.
Please apply online and a consultant will be in contact.