Reed Business Support are very excited to working alongside one of the most innovative, growing financial services in Newcastle.
Throughout the Covid period - they have continued to expand and develop their ambitious plans!
The firm can offer you a chance to work for an organisation who can offer you genuine career progression and future qualifications.
They are currently recruiting for a Risk Manager, please see below a general overview of the role:
- Prepare advice on risk identification and profiles to the Board.
- Review proposed use of derivatives and counterparty assessments.
- Implement and develop the risk management process in conjunction with Operations, Investment Management and Investment Partners.
- Perform/review regular risk limit testing.
- Organise, perform or assist regular stress testing.
- Collate risk management information and reports.
- Establish, maintain and develop key governance and risk control policies and procedures with Executive owners.
- Excellent knowledge of UCITS risk management requirements in the context of multi-asset funds; market, liquidity and counterparty risks; and the regulatory environment for asset management.
- Familiar with Global Exposure calculations including Value at Risk (VaR) models and the commitment approach.
- Use of derivatives in a UCITS/AIFMD environment, including Efficient Portfolio Management (EPM) such as forward currency hedging, futures and instruments embedding derivatives.
- Knowledge of UCITS/COLL investment and borrowing powers and limits (including derivatives and eligible assets).
- Good general knowledge of financial services, preferably from an asset management, management company, investment management or UCITS/retail investment funds perspective.
- Policy development including governance/risk management frameworks, risk culture, conduct risk, conflict of interest, client assets, operational risks
- Working knowledge of the FCA Handbook and supporting material, including:
COLL Risk management policy and risk measurement
CESR/ESMA risk management guidelines
- Relevant level 3/4 industry qualification (or higher), equivalent experience or a commitment to studying. A proactive attitude to continuing professional development, including regulatory technical knowledge and soft skills.
- Excellent organisational skills. Able to work accurately and to deadlines, individually and as a team player. Positive, self-starting, can do attitude, seeking advice and support where appropriate.
- Numerate. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with people at all levels of the business.
- IT proficient, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg.