I am urgently seeking an Accounts Semi-Senior/Senior for a key accountancy practice of mine based on the outskirts of Sutton, Surrey. The client is recruiting permanently for the role so they need a temp whilst this process if taking place, however if you are interested this could be looked at on a temp to perm basis.
You will be working in a socially distanced office that will have a maximum of 4 people in at any one time currently and you will be reporting into the client manager/ Director. This is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week and will pay circa £30,000- £40,000 dependent on experience.
My client is looking for a Newly Qualified Senior, QBE, part qualified ACA/ACCA (self- supporting) or stopped studier Semi-Senior, looking to further develop their skills in a well-established and ambitious practice assisting their busy professional team with delivering a full range of services to a diverse client base.
Accounts & General Practice
• Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager/senior
• Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts – Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership, Group etc.
• Input data into Iris
• Analyse and reconcile VAT returns, preparation of VAT returns
• Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
• Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
• Prepare or check fixed asset registers
• Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
• Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly for reporting and projection purposes
• Drafting Corporate & Personal Tax computations
• Complete any other duties as requested
• Dealing with general client queries
• Complete company secretarial work
Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
• Ideally qualified ACA/ACCA Senior part qualified (ACA/ACCA) or experienced QBE may be considered
• Strong literacy and numerical skills
• Proven double entry bookkeeping skills
• Basic tax knowledge – how to do personal and corporate tax computations, PAYE, VAT
• Computer experience – Sage, Excel, Word and ideally Iris
• Currently working within a practice environment (3+ years’ experience)
• Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
• Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
• Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
• Client focused
• Commercially aware
If you are available for a minimum of one month, potentially longer/ permanently please apply for immediate consideration.