Higher Level Teaching Assistants (SEN) Required! - South Norfolk
Reed Education are supporting a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School in Norfolk, close to the town of Banham, and currently looking for Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join the team from as soon as possible!
The school support young people who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
- Caters for students aged 6-19 years
- Specialist school for students with Autism and/or Asperger's Syndrome
- Is a highly regarded and well established SEN school
- Residential offering for students
- Set in 30 acres of private land for students to learn outside
- Support the class teachers in delivering agreed learning activities to ensure each individual child meets their needs
- Manage a team of learning support assistants on a day-to-day basis
- Support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals in collaboration with Education, Multi-disciplinary team, Residential and Respite staff
- To participate in, and complete reports for statutory reviews and meetings concerning the students
- May be required to lead classes during absences of the class teacher
- Full time, term time only, starting as soon as possible!
- Must have a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification
- Must have experience with supporting and working with young people, in a school or care environment
- Due to location, driving licence is desired, however not essential
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE's or equivalent
If this exciting opportunity sounds like it could be for you, then apply today and we will be in contact to discuss your application!