Job Role: SEN Teacher – 1:1
Start Date: September
Salary: £26 - £32 per hour
Reed Education’s SEN team work with a number of providers offering 1:1 tuition for young people who cannot access mainstream education. They may have recently moved to the area and are awaiting a school, have been temporarily or permanently excluded from mainstream education or their needs may mean that a specialist placement is required.
Your role would be to provide 1:1 tuition either at a home address or at a local venue for example a library. A lot of the young people we tutor are extremely disengaged from education and so your first task will be to build rapport. After an initial meeting you would need to provide a scheme of work usually based around the core subjects.
This type of work is meant to only be a short term provision however due to the growing demand for specialist placements we often find ourselves tutoring for longer periods.
The majority of the time you will tutor one person for 2/3 hours a day and so a number of our current tutors see two students a day. Sometimes the tuition starts off as only a couple of sessions a week and then builds up.
What you will need:
- Experience working as a qualified teacher or tutor
- Ideally you will have worked with learners with a range of needs
- Be able to re-engage a young person in learning through a range of methods
- These young people need consistency and so you need to be able to commit to working 1:1 to for a period of time
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- 24/7 access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our REED rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England and Wales
Reed Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check and satisfactory referencing.
If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to Steven Denvers on 0113 236 8960