A Primary School in Waltham Forest East London are seeking to appoint a hardworking and committed primary practitioners with experience and relevant training in working with pupils in a special needs setting (Autism).
This state of the art school in a very accessible part of East London support children with a wide range of learning disabilities including pupils with severe and complex social and communication difficulties.
Applicants should have -
• Experience of and commitment to raising achievement in a school setting
• The ability to demonstrate outstanding practice differentiating plans, write individual education plans, liaise with supporting agencies and implement additional support programmes to meet pupil' specific needs
• Relevant training and/or experience related to working with pupils with autism and communication disorder in specific PECS and TEACCH training.
• Experience in managing a support staff team.
To apply for this position you must have/be:
• Qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent
• Right to work in the UK
• A minimum of two successful years teaching (preferably with children who have identified special educational needs)
• Experience teaching/supporting children with autism
• Experience using Makaton and/or PECS
• Passionate about working with SEND
• Experience working with PMLD and ASC
Reed Education is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout East London. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement. For all teaching roles you will need to hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or equivalent. If you are interested email Marketa.Juggapah@reed.com with a copy of your updated CV.