Teacher of the Deaf
Reed Education are currently looking to appoint an experienced Teacher of the Deaf to start after half-term for an ongoing temporary contract at one of our Secondary schools in Newham, East London.
The school is a non-selective, mixed, Primary school with almost 900 students. The school benefits from being located in new and purpose-built accommodation on a single site with ample outdoor areas and the use of an all-weather sports pitch. The school has been rated as “Good” by OFSTED.
The qualities required for this post are:
1. Qualified Teacher of the Deaf and qualified to minimum BSL Level 3.
2. Experience of working with hearing impaired students who also have additional needs.
3. Experience of working with students who use BSL and also with students who are auditory-oral in communication.
4. Up-to date knowledge of the requirements of the national curriculum for KS3 and KS4.
5. Understanding of safeguarding and how it applies to students who are hearing impaired.
6. Awareness of the needs of schools in a multi-cultural environment.
7. Able to manage challenging situations.
8. A thorough understanding of current developments and initiatives in SEN education and in particular with regard to the SEN Code of Practice.
Reed can offer you:
• Competitive rates of pay
• Your own personal consultant who will endeavour to look after all your needs and answer any questions you may have
• Free interview advice
• Pension Scheme
• Recommend a friend vouchers
Please apply below as we are keen to hear from you! If successful, we will invite you in to register which is a very smooth and enjoyable process.
Please send your CV to: Jonelle.Foxe@Reedglobal.com to discuss your needs so we can help secure you a new role, whether this is for day to day, long term or permanent opportunities near to you!
We are also looking for the following
Primary School Class Teachers KS1 and 2
Special Education Needs Teachers
Outreach Support Workers
Behaviour Management Teaching Assistants
Secondary School Teachers in all Subjects KS3-KS5
If you know of somebody looking for a new role with in the Education sector please do pass on our details. We can offer a referral bonus for anyone who is successfully placed through Reed Education (T&C's apply)
If this sounds like a role that you would like, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Reed Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.