Reed Accountancy are representing a globally recognised company for the role of Senior Credit Controller based on the outskirts of Wakefield (free parking) . This position is a 6 month temporary contract during a very busy time for the company.
This role would also require office working 9-5 Monday – Friday.
Payrate: up to £12.80
Responsibilities of the role:
- General credit control duties, including chasing customers via email or phone calls, sending copy invoices, statement requests etc.
- Ownership of credit control duties for specific accounts, preparing weekly statements and chasing updates on the processing of their invoices.
- Downloading the weekly DSO Report for credit control and cash allocation purposes.
- Supporting with the follow up for accounts ‘On Stop’ to encourage payment or legal action requirements.
- Monitor accounts where we feel legal action is required and carry out this process from start to finish to ensure payment is received.
- Dealing with accounts where the company is now in Administration / Liquidation. Completing all relevant paperwork to ensure we receive our share of payment for outstanding debt.
- Management of the Billing and Credit Control team of 3, to ensure that all weekly duties are complete and deadlines are met on a weekly basis.
- Credit checks for new customers and advising actions required before the account is set up, e.g. requesting deposits of 1, 3, 6 months etc. before trading commences.
- Hold monthly debt review meetings with Credit Control Clerk, minute as appropriate and ensure action points followed up on.
- Weekly Revenue by Cost Centre report preparation and dissemination.
- Month End Report reconciliation for Invoices/Credits and Cash to Oracle and W&D values.
- Minimum 3 Years Credit Control
- Must have also worked within an Accounts Position