Senior Financial Accountant - Central Cambridge - £55,000-£65,000 per annum
An exciting role has arisen within a growing pharmaceuticals company, for a career driven and ambitious individual to join the existing finance team in a newly created Senior Financial Accountant position.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, this role will be is instrumental in informing key stakeholders on financial matters that impact the overall company strategy and objectives, including supporting the operations overseas.
Duties to include:
- Support the day to day finance operation, including management and statutory reporting, forecasting, tax and treasury;
- Have a clear understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP reporting standards;
- A knowledge of Consolidated Accounts and Foreign Exchange reporting;
- Develop a series of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to support the senior management in the overall running of the business;
- Assist in preparing technical accounting assessments, particularly with internal stakeholders, to assist in the management of development projects;
- As the business develops further from R&D to a commercial operation, assist in the development and implementation of appropriate financial controls and robust accounting systems;
- Liaise with auditors, bankers, insurers and investors;
- Support in the preparation of year end audits and statutory accounts preparation (FRS102);
- Assist/prepare VAT and the Corporate tax computations;
This will be a busy role, working within a fast paced and changing environment. This client therefore requires candidates to be fully ACCA / ACA qualified, and to preferably have come from a Top 20 audit background. Technical accounting and reporting knowledge is essential.
Candidates should be driven, dynamic and with the ability to think strategically, whilst keeping a keen eye on the detail and timely deliverables. A flexible, 'can do' attitude is a must, and any experience gained within a rapidly growing early stage company would be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding business at an exciting time in their growth. The successful candidate will join a high performing, friendly team and will truly be given the opportunity to get involved with projects and to make this role their own. You will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and benefits package, as well as future development opportunities as the company continues to grow.
Please apply now for more information on this exceptional opportunity.