My client a local authority cased in South East London have an opening for an interim Senior Financial accountant to come on board and help out with extra workload, this role will initially be for 3 months but may well be extended . At the moment the team are working fully remotely but there may be some occasional travel required on site.
The role is inside of IR35 so will need to be either PAYE or go through umbrella company and ideally will be looking around £375 per day through Umbrella- but there may be some movement on this.
The post-holder’s primary activities are:
• to assist with an integrated approach to strategic financial planning that supports the delivery and outcomes within the context of the Councils corporate plan and financial constraints.
• to assist with the provision of an effective Business Partnering function across all authorities.
• to support an integrated approach to the closure of accounts process.
• To contribute towards the Council’s financial planning function to deliver a comprehensive, high quality, cost effective and timely service.
• To review reports, policies, procedures, and other proposals for financial issues and make amendments as required.
• To analyse and advise on proposals for spending, savings or other service and corporate initiatives.
• To support service managers in appropriately risk assessed spending and income areas to understand and address key financial management issues and cost drivers and budget management.
• To develop complex forecasting and modelling tools in liaison with service managers and to support corporate and strategic decision making
• To support senior managers in developing and implementing strategies to manage budget variances and achieve MTFS savings
• To complete or support as appropriate, the completion of relevant complex grant and statistical returns, including guidance on accounting and audit arrangements
• To contribute towards the closure of accounts process having regard to corporate timescales and appropriate quality standards.
• Undertake complex budget modelling, sensitivity analysis and scenario testing as part of the development of the budget strategy, and other corporate and strategic initiatives.
• To develop, review and disseminate financial control policies and procedures and complex corporate accounting activities as appropriate.
• To liaise with internal and external audit and review and implement relevant audit recommendations.
• To carryout research into the financial implications of potential developments, funding streams or business operations; from a wide range of sources.
For this role
You will be:
• CIPFA or equivalent qualified accountant
• Ability to interpret financial data/information, apply logic and judgement
• Knowledge and understanding of financial planning, management, and financial framework in a large organisation – preferably local government.
• Good communication influencing and presentation skills and a pro-active approach to work, including identifying and resolving problems/issues.
• Organisational Awareness
• Strong Strategic Perspective
If you are have the necessary skill set please apply online today or send your CV directly to Francesca.email@example.com