Research Analyst - Regulation Technology
Location: City of London (Full Remote working)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 basic and £60,000 - £80,000 OTE
Bonus: Performance related bonus and Equity Scheme
An independent advisory company, positioned at the core of the RegTech market are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join the team. They are a young company with an experienced and knowledgeable team so there is plenty of opportunity for learning and building skills.
We work closely with CEOs and Founders of start-up and scale-up technology companies to help them grow their businesses. We partner with our clients throughout the product and company lifecycle, from design through to commercial strategy and sales. We spend a lot of time with regulated firms in financial services to understand their regulatory problems and how technology can help solve them.
Your two main objectives will be to conduct research into the RegTech market and apply this research in the delivery of our client projects, ultimately leading to successful outcomes for both the company and the client.
Client delivery projects vary in nature from 6 week strategy and advisory engagements to longer term strategic partnerships. You will take ownership of research and project deliverables and will work closely with our research analysts and the Head of Client Delivery to ensure we meet the needs of our clients in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Perform detailed and comprehensive RegTech market, product, competitor and strategic research to create client deliverables and research content
- Produce substantive content based on research outputs such as blog posts, articles and longer reports focused on RegTech and regulatory issues
- Create and develop plans for client projects, ensuring client projects and other work are completed on time and in line with client expectations and providing regular progress updates to the Head of Client Delivery
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients, attending client meetings and calls, identifying and escalating risks and issues to the Head of Client Delivery where appropriate
- Perform the delivery work necessary for longer term client partnerships, such as use case development, content production and project management
The Successful Candidate
- Experience in a management consulting role, though not necessarily Big 4
- Have excellent client-handling and stakeholder management skills and are an articulate and concise communicator
- Have been working in financial services for most of your career to date, and some exposure to financial services regulation / compliance would be desirable but not essential
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking, with the ability to apply a logical approach to problem solving and structuring arguments
- Have a keen interest in working with innovative technology vendors or products involving advanced technologies
- Have some experience of working in a project or change-based environment and are used to delivering work to strict deadlines
- Have some familiarity with strategic consulting methodologies used for market sizing, competitor research and product evaluation
The person who is successful will be pivotal to the growth of the company, helping us to keep our clients happy and ensure the longevity of our client relationships.
Apply now with an updated CV, good luck!