I am currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Officer for an outstanding college based in East London.
As Senior Marketing Officer you will deliver campaigns, marketing plans and new initiatives across a range of channels and tactics to ensure organisational goals and targets are met. You will play a key part in supporting the development of and delivering the College’s virtual and on-site school liaison strategy.
• Support the Marketing & Communications Manager with the team development, training and personnel requirements and other departmental developments.
• Provide timely updates on the team, project and campaigns as and when required by the Marketing & Communications Manager.
• To coordinate the design, production and delivery of key publicity materials (print), working across a wide range of printed literature including advertising, flyers, presentations, newsletters, signage, posters etc.
• To conduct market research and collect data on consumers, competitors and the FE marketplace and consolidating information into actionable items, reports and presentations.
• To liaise with internal and external printers to ensure high quality print, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
• To assist in the design and preparation of graphics for the College website, social media and online advertising, ensuring that the College brand online is consistent with printed material.
• Be proactive with daily Social Media engagements from the College accounts.
• To support the Marketing Team in developing and producing creativity for online and offline advertisement content.
• Staying abreast with copy writing regulations and GDPR requirements.
• To establish productive relationships with various college departments to ensure that information is accurate and published in a timely manner
• To establish productive relationships with school contacts and relevant community groups to drive an enhance the College’s school liaison strategy which will involve travelling to varied locations.
• To support with capturing high quality photography and videography for marketing use, editing where appropriate and maintaining a library of photos and videos to allow other staff to access them when needed.
• To play a key role in the visual appearance of the College public areas to enhance the College site for visitors including the design of external and internal signage.
• To play an active part at key college events such as Open Evenings, Taster Days and enrolment period.
• To be prepared to undertake relevant training in order to develop skills required to effectively perform the role.
• Collate and update relevant information such as course details for MIS systems
• Attend external networks and meetings as necessary to expand and strengthen partnerships and community cohesion.
• A degree or relevant qualification(s) in Marketing
• Substantial experience in a marketing team in public sector, preferably Education
• Knowledge and experience of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and of video editing software like Final Cut Pro X, Premiere and After Effects.
• Experience of using social media in a business context and to create & analyse campaigns
• Experience of copywriting and understanding of local, trade and national media and ability to manage research information for marketing purposes.