My client who own a large portfolio of diverse Real Estate assets across London are seeking a Senior Property Management Accountant to join their finance team.
This role will be an excellent role for a Senior Accountant who has strong property/real estate and team management experience and is looking for that next step in their career.
This role will manage a team of 3 and be managing the month end close and preparation of monthly management accounts including commentary.
Please only apply for this role if you are fully qualified Accountant with strong property/real estate accounting experience (which includes service charge accounting and lease accounting) and have managed team member and you are looking for a Senior Management Accountant role and have this background. Development experience will be highly desirable too.
- Managing month end close of real estate and development entities, ensuring SAP accurately reflects the business operations and transactions
- Preparation of month management accounts including commentaries
- General accounting task include: Review, manage, post and/or prepare deferred and accrued revenue, cost accruals, bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, recharges calculations, payment schedules, borrowing schedules, balance sheet reconciliations and journal postings
- Real Estate Specific tasks include monitor and reconcile all service charge funds and all external managing agent statements
- Development specific tasks include review and ensure development projects costs are accurately recorded and review of development recharges ensuring management fee margin maintained
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholder e.g. managing agents, property/asset managers, development teams, operational heads
- Manage, motivate and guide Property Management Accounting teams
- Manage commercial property arrears reporting
- Managed tax queries e.g. VAT & CIS
- Review and challenge purchase requisitions raised by the business
- Review tenancy schedules and leases
- Provide working papers for audit purposes and support audit queries
Key Skills & Experience:
- Fully Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- 3-5 years post qualified experience in a relevant job role
- Strong property/real estate accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of service charge accounting and lease accounting
- Experience heavily focused on management accounts
- ERP software experience: SAP B1 or TM1 preferable
- Project and people management, must have some managerial experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and solutions-orientated