We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Skills Outreach Information Officer, working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary full-time role, initially for 3 months.
Your role will be to promote Adult Skills training in Greater Manchester. You will provide information and advice to residents who want to find out about different types of training, eligibility criteria, training venues and how to access.
To develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the locality, the range of adult skills training available and the informal/formal networks of contact and support available throughout the community.
Ensure that comprehensive and accessible information about adult skills training is available to all residents in the area, with a particular focus on target groups including. Unemployed people, people made recently redundant, those with English as an additional language, Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups, NEET young people, Care Leavers, people with disabilities or health conditions, ex-armed forces personnel, older people aged 50+, and ex-offenders.
Provide information about other support and services such as childcare, transport advice and signpost to early help services and other agencies as appropriate.
Organise, plan and deliver drop-in sessions at various locations including community response hubs, community facilities, libraries and community groups to provide information to residents about available training and support services including help to get into work and careers advice.
You will need to be able to collate information about available adult skills training in the area, and to disseminate this to residents using different methods including leaflets, social media, information on the website and other databases.
You will need to be a good networker, with great communication skills who knows the area and can work with stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Recent experience of working with Adults, who are finding it difficult to find work
- Previous Skills Outreach Information Officer experience would be beneficial
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to Adults, Carers and Senior Professionals
- Strong IT Skills, and ability to use all different types of Social Media to Advertise i.e Facebook, LinkedIn etc
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification or Equivalent
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system