We are seeking a Supplier Relationship Manager for a large Housing Organisation in London.
Your overall responsibility will be to support the Procurement Development Manager and the Category Teams to create organisational excellence in supplier relationship and contract management for the whole organisation.
Key Responsibilities will be:
- To lead the design, development and implementation of governance and reporting in relation to supplier relationship and contract management.
- To lead the design, development and implementation of appropriate user training in relation to supplier relationship and contract management.
- To lead the design, development and implementation of reporting in relation to supplier performance and the impact on customer satisfaction.
- To lead the design, development and implementation of new supplier onboarding processes.
- To lead the design, development and implementation of supplier demobilisation and mobilisation processes.
- Review and report on contract leakage.
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and improved supplier performance.
- Senior level stakeholder engagement to support and drive the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate procurement regulations, other relevant legislation and internal financial procedures.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge required:
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Masters or degree level qualification plus senior specialist procurement knowledge and experience.
- Significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
- Standing Financial Instructions, EU procurement directives and UK legislation, e.g. TUPE, Competition Act, Race Relations, Data Protection, Freedom of Information, etc.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Code of Ethics.
- EC Procurement Directives - implements and monitors policies and procedures relating to European law.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.
- Project Management - the ability to manage large complex projects, involving personnel from many disciplines/departments in client organisations and suppliers.
- Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions.