Are you a Tutor considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title – Learning Support Assistants
Position – Part Time
Location - West Yorkshire
Salary - £11.21 ph including holiday pay
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college in the West Yorkshire. As we reach half term we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistants to join established provisions on a part time, temporary basis.
- Provides support to all students with or without Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
- The support available is through Universal (first teaching) and targeted, small groups.
- They offer learning to students who have mild learning difficulties or disabilities who may require high levels of pastoral and education support.
- The dedicated team are committed to helping people to overcome the barriers within learning, identify strategies that will help them in adulthood, build on personal and social skills and be fully integrated into the college community.
- Requires you to have strong behaviour management skills and experience of working with students who require additional support.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learners on a 1:1 basis in the classroom and targeted support outside of the classroom.
- Work on differentiated activities with groups of students.
- Work with teachers to monitor progress of pupils.
What you will need:
- Experience of working within an educational environment
- To be Team Teach trained
- Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent
- DBS on the update service
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Please note due to the amount of responses we receive we are unable to get back to every applicant with feedback. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days of your application unfortunately you have been successful in being considered for this role.
Did you know?
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please get in contact.
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Are you degree qualified in engineering or a similar subject area?